October 23, 2013
Course Buy cialis drugs Description
The Barangay Governance Performance Management System is an assessment tool that measures the barangay’s delivery of services and accomplishments in relation to their functions as mandated in the 1991 Local Government Code (RA 7160) and other related issuances.
The BGPMS is aimed in determining and assessing the barangay’s level of compliance to the Code and other laws, especially in the identified service areas through the BGPMS scoring and rating system; and in improving the barangay’s quality of policies and programs based on the problems identified and defined by/per service area.
The BGPMS shall focus on the following priority performance areas: (1) Governance; (2) Administration; (3) Social Services; (4) Economic Development; and (5) Environmental Management.
These performance areas are further subdivided into several service areas as shown below.
Performance and Service Areas in Barangay Governance
|1. Governance||Barangay Legislation
|2. Administration||Development Planning
Human Resource Management and Development
|3. Social Services
|Health and Nutrition
Education and Sports
Public Safety and Disaster Risk Management
|4. Economic Development||Agriculture and Fisheries
Entrepreneurship, Business and Industry Promotion
|5. Environmental Management||Natural Resource Management
Waste Management and Pollution Control
The formulation of BGPMS aims to promote policy and program reforms at the barangay level. The five areas of concern to be measured are reflective of the present level of governance they are providing. Eventually, BGPMS is a developmental program with the following foreseen benefits both at the national and barangay levels.
- A. For National Government/Policymakers
Serve as basis in formulating policy that would rationalize assistance to barangays.
- B. City/Municipal Government
Be apprised of the present state or level of performance of its component barangays and thus be guided in the formulation of integrated policies, plans and programs that would lead to the barangay’s efficient delivery of basic services and effective discharge of its functions and responsibilities; and be provided with vital data/inputs in the accomplishments of the data requirements of their own LGPMS.
- C. Barangay Level
Become aware of the state or level of performance viz-a viz the following:
- Benchmark information/data generated necessary for the preparation of plans and budget as well as crucial in the assessment of their skills and training needs; and
- Identified presence or absence of services and facilities which serve as guide in enhancing the delivery of services to their constituents
- Promote transparency and accountability in barangay governance through compliance to laws and other issuances.
|Measuring the BGPMS
|Mechanics of Implementation
|Roles of LGUS under the BGPMS Project||
|Monitoring and Evaluation||
Target participants: City/Municipal Planning and Development Officer, Punong Barangays, Sangguniang Barangay Members, Barangay Secretaries, Barangay Treasurers, BHWs, BDWs, BNS
- LGRRC VI wins big for DILG VI; 2013 Best LGRRC and runner-up in the Exhibit
- DILG sets to implement CSIS in WV
- DILG 6 joins in the nation’s unified prayer
- DILGR6 confers 2013 Regional LGPMS Stewardship Award
- Pagdayaw 2013 is DILGR6′s celebration of victory and thanksgiving
- Nuyda leads DILG Region 6 as new Regional Director
- DILG underpins post-calamity response efforts in Region VI
- Roxas directs LGUs to activate local DRRMCs and monitoring systems
- Nabagatnan Bridge Rehabilitation (Jordan, Guimaras)
- DILG Region VI is “Best Performer” in the 2012 PBB